Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Random thoughts for Tuesday....


1.  Tina Cervasio is leaving NESN?  I'm not sure if the rumors are true - but if so, then NESN just might be looking for another Red Sox kinda gal -- and I would love love love to be the one to fill those shoes.  Okay, realistically - it probably won't happen since I doubt I'd even get an interview.  However, one can only hope - so I will be incessantly emailing my resume and headshot in to see if they'll entertain an interview.   Listen, I know about baseball -- I can smile pretty for the camera -- and I even can write my own leads, bits and any other pieces as necessary.


2. Scott Baio is even stupider pregnant at 46.  His poor daugther is going to watch these shows of her parents and think "Dad, you are SUCH a jerk".  I don't know why I'm watching it…and yet I am.  What I am sort of enjoying in that "car wreck" kind of way -- is "Celebrity Rehab".  It's a sad state to see so many people who have had the opportunity to do something good with their life that most people don't have the option to try -- and then throw it away over drugs.  And with the whole "Britney" fiasco that monopolizes the news (I’m sorry, Larry King needs to stop obsessing over this!) it is truly a sad state of affairs that this country is in with drug use and abuse.  But, it's guilty pleasure television.  I try to watch pretty intelligent entertainment or sports most of the time, so truly - it's okay to indulge occasionally in a little celebrity obnoxiousness.


3.  I'm so digging this new magazine that was sent to me.  "Motherwords" is a North Shore based magazine for Moms in the area.  I've got to tell you - this is a slickly produced magazine.  Not sure how to subscribe - because there isn't any of that information in here, but I’m going to email and inquire about it.  It's debut issue is pretty nice, and I'm curious to see what direction they take it to in other editions.


4. Football this past weekend was So. Much. Fun.  How great was it to watch the two games that were clearly upsets?  A lot of people lost a lot of money this weekend…but a lot of people won a lot of money as well!  I don't gamble, so I could care less -- but wow, it was just great to watch Peyton Manning and the Colts end their season.  While I don't find myself disliking Peyton Manning as much as I have in previous seasons - it still felt good to watch them stumble.  And little brother Eli had a great game…however, I don't know that I feel that the Giants won so much as the Cowboys lost.   Tony Romo really did not play well.  I am so looking forward to Sunday -- playoff party at my house.  Tons of food, fun and of course…football.


5.  This weekend I've got some fun lined up.  I'll be posting more about it tomorrow, but… of course there's the aforemention playoff party.  And Friday night - it's a cocktail /dinner party at Fenway Park.  I CAN NOT WAIT.  More details to follow…!

2 comments:

chesneygirl said...

My brother, who worships Brady, emailed this to me today and I thought of you and thought you might enjoy it!! :)

Three quarterbacks, Manning, Romo and Brady, go to heaven to visit
God and watch the Celtics play a game. God decides who will sit next to
him by asking the boys a question...

God asks Peyton Manning first: "What do you believe?" Peyton thinks long
and hard, looks God in the eye, and says, "I believe in hard work, and
in staying true to family and friends. I believe in giving. I was lucky,
but I always tried to do right by my fans." God can't help but see the
essential goodness of Manning, and offers him a seat to his left.

Then God turns to Tony Romo and says, "What do you believe?" Tony
says,"I believe passion, discipline, courage and honor are the
fundamentals of life. I, too, have been lucky, but win or lose, I've always tried to be a
true sportsman, both on and off the playing fields." God is greatly moved by Tony's sincere
eloquence, and he offers him a seat to his right.

Finally, God turns to Tom Brady: "And you, Tom, what do you believe?"
Tom replies, "I believe you're in my seat."


hee hee! *I* liked it anyway! :)

Anonymous said...

She's leaving! She was great! If it turns out to be true, I'll miss her!

I am even sicker of the whole Brittney thing. Living in SoCal, I get it on cable news, local news, and *radio*. Not news radio, but regular radio. She's so sad, poor girl.