Saturday, September 02, 2006

Tete a tete...

I love a good verbal jousting...
A sparring of words, bantering - if you will.

It's a ton of fun - and I'm usually pretty good at it, and can keep up with the best of them. Usually you know who you can, and who you can't kid around with like that. I really appreciate a sharp mind and a quick tongue - and to be able to work with people who are like that as well, it can make the work you're doing much more enjoyable.

So it's funny when you meet someone who's pretty good at it themselves - except that you aren't prepared for it, because you didn't have that expectation, or preconcieved notion that they were of that same sense of humor. And then they out joust you.

I'm still smarting... But I guess I can't always win, right? ;)

4 comments:

clew said...

Anything so rare is worth appreciating, eh? ;)

Sorry I was so crabby in my last comment. I love you and miss you, sistah!

Anonymous said...

I too can usually hold my own in a battle of wits and barbs. Meeting an equal or a superior person can catch you off guard.
...THere's always - next time!

Martie said...

Sometimes, the best you can hope for is to just 'break even'!!

Rebecca said...

hahhaa, Dale - you're absolutely right. It can SO be used as an effective method of flirting. ;) As a matter of fact, when I was dating, I didn't particularly care for men who couldn't banter well. Funny, huh? To me a strong mind is far more attractive than a strong body.

Clew - Please, dont' be silly! We're all entitled to our opinons, that's the point of this fun thing we call blogging! I'm not a big Spike Lee fan generally speaking either... this just was pleasantly surprising. :) Love you too - and selfishly glad the summer is winding down so we're all back "online" once again. ;)

Mr Fab & Hale: Absolutely, may we live to see another day! :)