Thursday, September 21, 2006

No pain...No gain!

So I finally did it.
I started working out again last night. I decided that I'm tired of complaining about my lack of working out - I need to just do it. So, I ran for the first time in months. I also thought that while I'm trying to recover from this allergy thing I got going on, some good cardiovascular activity would help clear me up. I did okay....only ran a mile, but it was an 11 minute mile - and needless to say I was dying at the end of it. My legs were fine - but wow does my cardio need some improving. Then, I hit the bag for 3 rounds.

Funny, I forgot how sore you feel after throwing a few hooks because, well - I USED to be in shape so it never bothered me much. I guess my muscles have lost some of their memory...! I'll have to wake those bad boys up.

The fall rejuvenates me. For me, the cool air and the dark skies get me energized to exercise. I've been lazy long enough. I'm looking forward to doing it again tonight. I miss the sweat and pain of a good workout.... it feels good.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

But gosh that sounds great! Congrats on getting out there. Here it's too #$@* smoky to walk from your car to the front door of your house without your lungs feeling like they're going to burst, so I'm actually feeling a little jealous.

Martie said...

I have been walking on the treadmill.....but not fast enough...I need to increase my speed and then maybe I'll start to lose some weight (or maybe at least not gain what everyone else has just lost!) Good for you, now all you have to do is stick with it.

chesneygirl said...

It DOES feel good. Good for YOU!!!

I know the feeling...I "fell off the wagon" for a little while towards the end of the summer.

I gave myself a kick in behind and since Labor Day weekend I've made it to the gym 3-4 times a week. We'll see how long it lasts!