Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Must. Have. Radio....

As much as I said I thought this day would never come, it has.
I gave in...and got Sirius Satellite radio for my truck.


Outside of my having real difficulty getting good reception - I have to admit, I love it. Being the music fanatic that I am, it's like I've got the whole world right at my fingertips! There's not enough time in the day for me to listen to all that I'd want to. What's funny, is that because I know that there is so much available, I'm finding myself having a hard time to listen to a song in it's entirety because I'm always thinking "what song am I missing right now?". Which is funny, because with traditional free radio - I don't have that same mindset. I think it's because I know that there's always either a commercial on; or the fact that rarely do I find two songs on conflicting stations at the same time that I really enjoy.

Where else can I go from 80's hair bands, to Elvis, to Alternative to Country, to Celtic - all in one commute, without using my cd player?? And me recovering from laryngitis at the moment - you can only imagine my dissapointment at not being able to sing while I drove!
Considered this added to my list of addictions!

7 comments:

Martie said...

Good for you! There are many more terrible addictions you could have...this one's not bad! Have a great time listening and deciding! ;)

Monkey said...

Enjoy!!!

I have XM (pretty much the same thing) - and you can set an artist/song that you like - up to about 20 of them I believe - so that any time they're on you'll be notified with a "beep" and you can go to that channel.

Again - have fun!

chesneygirl said...

Cool!
We had XM for a short while...we received a 6 month free trial when we bought our truck last fall.

We loved it...but just couldn't fit it into our monthly budget right now.

It was REALLY great when we took a 16 hour road trip down to our Myrtle Beach vacation this spring!

ENJOY!!

Anonymous said...

OOOh girl. I would SO be doing the same thing!

Steve said...

Hey Bec.....
Ya...it's me again...lol. Hey guess what...glad you got the 'WWM' ( world wide music) at your fingertips with satelite radio. And Sirius is just as unserious as you can get...lol :)Infact..you aren't the only one I know that has reception problems with them. :(
And on a more important note....did you change your pix that you post with and on this blog. I don't recall you being so 'evil eyed' as that pix portrays. ...hmmmmm....It does you no justice.
Oh well 'shrimp'...just a thought !
Love always,
Dad

Michelle said...

There's no way I could get that. I station hop with regular radio in the same mindset that you just described.

Rebecca said...

Dad - hahaha, BWH retouched a version of it for me, without the devil eyes - but I haven't had the chance to post it up there. :) Maybe I'll switch to something else again in the meantime!

Mr Fab - I think it's because our stations cover almost all open frequencies it's really difficult to get a clear feed?