Friday, September 15, 2006

Celebreality.....

What is wrong with society today? What happened to good ol' fashioned entertainment?!
I mean, the onset of reality television was inevitable, we knew it was coming. And in the beginning, it was alot of fun. It catapulted "regular" people like us into a 15 minutes of fame scenario. And we all want to see the "Average Joe" (no pun intended) come out ahead, because we can relate to them.

But then suddenly - the "Average Joe" became out of work actors, and people just trying to get their face on television. It opened a whole new door for people trying to make it big in Hollywood - and the shows really started to go down in quality, in my opinion. Now, these "B" and "C" actors are jumping on the bandwagon because hey - they're unemployed actors as well. So now, we're inundated with a barrage of these shows: "Dancing with Celebrities", "Skating with Celebrities", "Celebrity Duets", "Celebrity Fit Club".... the list goes on and on. Do I really want to see an overweight actor complaining about how they lived the good life too well - and now has to diet?

I've had it up to .....here.
Celebreality. Ugh, who needs it?

5 comments:

Shayna said...

I agree with you for the most part, but have to say that I do like "Celebrity Duets".It's harmless enough:)

Martie said...

I've never watch any of the reality shows. I think I watched one of them and decided I really wasn't entertained and/or interested enough to tune back in again. But, I don't watch much television anyway.....

clew said...

A watch a few ... It's my guilty pleasure :)

But ONLY a few!

Cheryl said...

Yeah, no kidding. I can't watch that stuff.

chesneygirl said...

I agree with you some of it is out of hand...I am TOTALLY with you on the Celebrity Fit Club - gimme a break!!

However, I do have to admit...I LOVE Dancing with the Stars...but it's not necessarily all about the celebrity part of it for me...I just really enjoy watching dancing.