Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Musically inclined.....

It's been a while since I've posted one of these, and I thought this would be a fun one to share. Please feel free to use it if you'd like- but with the caveat that you share your answers with me!

1) A favorite political track. "God Bless the USA", Lee Greenwood. Nowadays, to be proud to be American is rather political.
2) One of those tracks that make you dance on the dance floor no matter what. - Dancing Queen, Abba

3) The song you’d use to tell someone you love them. - "When you say Nothing at All", by Alison Krauss. Sometimes it's more important to show your feelings than say them... But there are hundreds I can choose from, depending on whether I want to be romantic, or passionate, or tragic. "If I didn't have you" by Amanda Marshall is one of my most favorite passionately expressed songs. "Consequences of Falling" by KD Lang is by far to me one of the most sensual songs - combination of the lyrics and the way she sings it.

4) A song that has made you sit down and analyze it’s lyrics. I'm all about the lyrics! Every song I listen to is like that for me. "Sometimes it be that way" by Jewel is a fun one.

5) A song that you like, that a two year old would like as well. - Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head, BJ Thomas
6) A song that gives you an energy boost. "It's Raining Men", the Weather Girls

7) A song that you and your grandparents (would probably) like. "The Nearness of You", Norah Jones

8) A song that you really liked when you were 14-16, and still really like now. "Livin' on a Prayer", Bon Jovi - It just makes me feel good.

9) Two sad songs that would be in the soundtrack of the movie about your life. "Killing Me Softly" by Roberta Flack and "California Dreaming", Mamas & the Papas

10) A peppy song that would start the opening credits of the movie about your life. "I'm just a Girl", No Doubt

11) A good song from a genre of music that no one would guess that you liked. I like unique soundtrack music. "The Jurassic Park" soundtrack is one of my all time favorites.

12) A song that you think should have been playing when you were born. "Always a woman to me", Billy Joel

13) A favorite artist duo collaboration. "Under Pressure", Queen & David Bowie

14) A favorite song that you completely disagree with (politically, morally, commonsenically, religiously etc.) Bawidtaba - Kid Rock

15) The song that you like despite the fact your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it. - Laid, by James

16) Your smooth song, for relaxing. No one song in particular. I usually put on Celtic Woman, Enya, Yanni and Josh Groban if I want to really just be relaxed. I love Celtic and New Age.

17) A song you would send to someone you hate or are mad at. "Stripped Pt 1 & Pt 2", Christina Aguilera


18) A favorite track from an outfit considered a “super-group.” "High Enough", Damn Yankees

19) A song that makes you reminsce about good times with a family member. "Make it Real" by the Jets. It totally reminds me of my sister, and we always crack up when we hear it

20) Your favorite song at this moment in time. - "Still Dirrty", Christina Aguilera

5 comments:

clew said...

Ay-yi-yi ... You know I'm a music freak. I'm sure I'll be stealing this soon!

A toast in your name is eminent! Wish you could be there! :(

chesneygirl said...

This was so fun, Rebecca!!

I have been feeling very uninspired lately so I'll definitely be stealing this!!

chesneygirl said...

This was so fun, Rebecca!!

I have been feeling very uninspired lately so I'll definitely be stealing this!!

*** said...

Hey, we were singing Dancing Queen while doing the AIDS walk on Sunday...how funny! I think I'm going to go home and look up those Christina Aguilera songs you mentioned. I don't have those two and I am looking for more music to download right now...thanks for bringing some to mind!

Michelle said...

You've always been good at this kind of thing. I never know any good answers unless I hear a song and think, "ooh, this would be good for a meme answer".

The only song I can think of right now is my new obsession by Hinder - Lips of an Angel