Monday, September 18, 2006

People seldom notice old clothes... if you wear a big smile!

So, over the last week I attempted to buy myself a few birthday gifts. A little bit of a jump on my fall/winter wardrobe - but what is up with all the new styles that are only for girls with long, slim torsos???? That leaves short waisted girls like myself with all sorts of problems!

I have really long arms and legs - but I've got a short torso. Hey, we can't be perfect right? Well, my girlfriend Kim, actually is perfectly porportioned and she's 5'7. My legs are as long as hers - we can borrow pants and dresses when we want to, because they're always hemmed to the right length. But she's got a nice long torso. That's where we differ - hence my being only 5'1. I mean, I don't look weird or anything - but we girls know our imperfections pretty well when it comes to buying clothes, and that's one of my biggest issues. So when I buy tops, I have to be careful with the way it's cut because otherwise, I look ridiculous. And it seems that this season - everything is so long! I bought a bunch of tops at my
favorite store - and I've had to return them all. And I even bought Petite XS. So much for sprucing up my wardrobe....

I did however - manage to find a fun pair of boots, because oh yes - it IS boot season.
And one can never have enough pairs of boots....

8 comments:

Steve said...

Hey Bec....
Let me be the first to ask the question....'Since when did you become one of those "small people"?...lol :)
Last time I checked, it's us 'older folk' that work their way 'backwards' as we get older...lol. Guess by tomorrow evening you might just 'break' the five foot mark...huh ..lol :)
If you want my opinion....Mom and I made you just 'perfect'.....
Love Always,
Dad

chesneygirl said...

Never is right!!!

I am short (5'0") and I have a HORRIBLE time finding pants to fit me (in length)...it is so frustrating and I have walked out of clothing stores in tears more times than I can count because of it.

Martie said...

Hey, I didn't know you were one of us 'shorties'! I'm 5'3" and am the very shortest (well except for Naive and the little kids)one in my whole family! I always pictured you as 5'6" or taller.....don't ask me why, just did! Good things come in small packages.....think diamonds!!

Anonymous said...

You are talking to the girl who just went out and spent $110 on a pair of boots because she was in a bad mood!

I, like you, are short so I feel your pain!!

Rebecca said...

hahaha, Dad - are suggesting that you didn't realize I was that short??? Even Nikki's taller than I am! But thanks for thinking I'm perfect anyway. :)

Martie: hahaha, everyone thinks I'm taller than that. I always laugh and say I'm an illusion - all hair and heels! ;)

Dale: Wow. That's a long legged woman! ;) Not a bad thing! hahaha. How can you not understand the boot passion? They're fun, they're sexy, they're comfortable...and dress up even a pair of jeans! Love, love, love 'em!

Cheryl said...

Funny! I pictured you tall. They don't make clothes for women with big, uh... chests, either.

Michelle said...

Do you remember a while back when I said that you reminded me of a very close friend who is no longer in my life and you just felt...comfortable to me?

I pictured you taller for some reason, but she was 5'1 also I'm amazed by that.

Rebecca said...

Naive and Cheryl - That's so funny....everyone thinks I'm taller, even those who haven't seen me in person! Must be my BIG personality! ;)

And Naive - thats odd that we were the same height too. Funny....life can truly be funny at times.