Wednesday, May 06, 2009

You might feel laughter in the sun, laughter might help us when we're done....

Last night I was thinking of some really great television that I miss – and one of the funniest shows came to mind.

It only ran one season I believe – and when I tell you that there were scenes in it that I had to rewind and rewatch because I was laughing so hard, I’m not kidding.

Interestingly enough, an article about the starring actress is in People today – which is rather ironic. It seems she’s put on weight again, and personally – I think she’s a beautiful woman, no matter what size she is. Even at her largest, there’s just something about her that’s appealing, (aside from having great hair!) and quite honestly – I think it’s her personality. So to me – no matter what she looks like, I just really enjoy her; which truth be told – is how we are supposed to view people anyway.

Showtime’s “Fat Actress” with Kirstie Alley was by far – one of the funniest, well written shows. She is just fabulous at self-deprecating humor, which is not always an easy thing to pull off. And I loved, loved, loved that she was infatuated with Kid Rock and pretended he was her boyfriend. The supporting cast was outstanding, and the celebrity guest stars all were really great at either mocking themselves - or being someone else. Seriously, if you have the ability to watch any of the episodes on ITunes or something, I entirely recommend it.

Entirely off topic – but on my mind, I just wanted to throw a baseball note out there.

I really don’t care for Joba Chamberlain. I don’t like his lack of discipline, his impatience nor his temperament – at least what we’ve seen of it. My thoughts are clearly superficially based, since I don’t know him personally. At the same time – I really would like to see him get his act together because he’s a talented pitcher. And sometimes, you have to see past the pinstripes to the potential.

That being said, I don’t agree at all with him starting this year. I think the Yankees are rushing him; I don’t think he’s got the mentality for starting right now, nor the discipline – or even the skills to go long distance without injury. I think they should groom him, let him be a relief guy for a while longer. While I don’t want him to be great when he’s against us – I do admire great talent, and I believe that he’s got the capabilities and potential to go far if he’s groomed properly.

1 comment:

~**Dawn**~ said...

I was reading somewhere today, a Sox fan comparing his fire to Pedro. I have to say, I agree with that parallel. I also agreed with something else that was written elsewhere that he seems to need adrenaline to really pitch well which may make him better suited to be a reliever since that kind of rush typically comes from the pen. They have to know that Mo won't be able to pitch forever, so I am not sure why they aren't grooming him for *that* role. Especially with the dire state of their current bullpen.