Friday, May 15, 2009

Sheer, matte, sheen, shine...

I’m absolutely, undeniably addicted to lip gloss.
This is not something new, mind you. I’ve spoken openly about my obsessions with gloss, plumpers and of course – mascara.

So much so, that when I stopped in at the beauty supply shop today – the girl working there who knows the addiction – was happy to point out to me that my newest lip plumper now comes in sheer shades. I personally, don’t care for colors; I’m a more “au naturel” kind of girl. I prefer a sheer matte or possibly a nude tint at most. So I passed on those….

But I loved the color she had on her lips, which was a sheer-ish nude. So she pointed me towards what is now, my newest obsession: “Kiss My Lips Pearl Shimmer”. Love it. Love it!

It’s got just the right amount of peppermint in it, a hint of vanilla….and it’s really inexpensive. Similar to the Burts Bees shimmer which I also have – I do believe I prefer this shade as it doesn’t have a frost to it, per se. (I’m not a “frosty” kind of girl with lip or nail shades. It works for some, not so much for me.)

By the way, if any of you girls out there are looking for a fabulous shampoo recommendation – try Onesta Strengthening Shampoo and Conditioner. I promise, you will not be disappointed. Citrusy, fresh, organic – and oh by the way – makes your hair amazing to work with. I have always been a Biolage girl; at least for the last 14 years or so. I will always hold a special place in my heart for that shampoo and I will still buy it. But I’m here to tell you, Onesta is amazing. I bought it because the samples I was given to try, brought me some of the best hair I’ve had in a long time. And I ran out of the sample – and my hair just hasn’t been the same since.

Final recommendation for the week, is this: to save your skin from the sun use the most fabulous sunless tanner ever. I’ve been using it for the past 5 years, and I will never use anything else. “Sun Ultra Dark” by Sun Laboratories. Even girls who tan at the tanning salon comment on how great it looks – I have no steaks, no orange – I just look sunkissed. Get yourself a bottle, some surgical gloves and a smile – because you will feel like you’ve spent days in the sun, without compromising your health – or aging of your skin.

And that my friends, is my fashionista tip for the week.

4 comments:

Nichole M said...

I love lipgloss, too... but I really hate how all my hair sticks to it when there is even the slightest breeze. When are they going to be selling a magical force field with a tube? ;-)

Rebecca said...

Nichole - that would be fabulous. It IS the worst. Esp. when you have long hair, because then even when it's in a pony, windy days can be a pain.

*sigh*.
The trials and tribulations of being a girl. :)

Raina said...

Thanks for the sunless tanner tip! I will definitely try it!

Rebecca said...

Hi Raina!
I guarantee you will LOVE it.
Let me know what you think! :)