Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What a girl wants....what a girl needs...!

Yesterday, I paid a visit to my good friend Ann Taylor.

I had a variety of clothes that I received as gifts at Christmas, and some of them weren’t the right sizes; but due to my knee surgery – I didn’t have the time to exchange them. And then one thing leads to another and here I am in May with a bag full of clothes I can’t wear. So I finally went yesterday and they didn’t blink an eye – since I had the receipts – they gave me a credit, which is what I want anyway – who needs the money, Mommy wants the clothes!

I didn’t have the time to try anything on, but that’s okay – it’s like saving it for a rainy day. The next time I need a “pick me up", I’ll be heading over for a little somethin’somethin’.

(As a side note -- a beautiful sweater I was given to go with leggings had a hole underneath the arm; before bringing it to the tailor, I wanted to see if they carried it in stock. They no longer do and couldn't find it online anywhere, so I said I'd just take it to the tailor. Well, the store manager wrote a note so when I get it done -- they're going to reimburse me for the fix! Can you imagine?!? I've never heard of a store doing that. And I won't take them up on it either -- but it was such a nice gesture. Just yet again another reason why Ms. Taylor is a girl's best friend!)

Today however, the pick me up came in the way of a haircut. I was beyond overdue – and truthfully, the whole Jennifer Aniston thing I have got going on was looking far less than that. I needed help. So, I tried a new salon today near the base because it was entirely impulsive – and also because they are a Bumble and Bumble salon, which sort of says something. From what I understand, they are selective about whom they allow to be their “salons”. I don’t know if there’s truth to that rumor, I haven’t validated it – but what the heck, it sold me. The cut is actually pretty good. I’m back to being very Jennifer-ish at the moment, bangs aside – which never look good until I do them myself. And, they’re relatively short so now it’s abundantly clear that I need to get my brows done.

(I’m not a high maintenance girl, I swear I’m not!)

This weekend, there’s a huge family wedding and I’m wearing this very pretty little number to it. I typically wear very formal but you know, it’s summer – I’m young(ish) and I don’t need to wear a full length gown all the time! It’s a very pretty brown, teal and purple floral dress which is perfect for this time of year; I just need to find a new pair of shoes (DSW, here I come!) and maybe wear my hair in a fun, sexy up do – which is also out of character for me, I’m such a “plain jane”. But I want to have fun with this.

Because like I often say – sometimes it’s just fun being a girl.
*winks*

3 comments:

~**Dawn**~ said...

Wow. I am so impressed they offered to cover the cost of the tailoring! That is some fantastic customer service.

I just got my hair trimmed up this past weekend. Anything over 6 weeks is pushing it. I get so shaggy, especially with a short style. This time even 6 weeks was too much. I thought it was maybe my imagination but even my stylist couldn't believe how much my hair grew without my mentioning it at all!

Anonymous said...

I am sure you will look beautiful..Let me know if you need a date for the event, I have been told I am quite "The looker"...If you play your cards right we may have breakfast together "wink"

Rebecca said...

LOL, yes - you are quite the looker Anonymous, aka G. ;)
Breakfast - on.