Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rubber ball I keep bouncing back to you....

I am a bundle of energy today.

Tonight is the presentation for the business venture. While I’m entirely confident in what we have to offer -- as well as the business plan -- there’s still a tremendous amount of pressure I place upon myself to be perfect. I don’t allow myself to make mistakes. My goal is to eliminate all other competition; to take no prisoners.

Maybe that sounds extreme, but this is a competition and in case you haven’t noticed – I can be a fierce competitor. Even when it’s only with myself.

Outwardly, I’m always able to conceal it. I thrive under pressure and public speaking isn’t typically an issue. Internally, well – that’s a totally different story.

Never let ‘em see you sweat.
Give it your best shot.
Prepared, proven and pursuant.
If you don’t win – it won’t be for a lack of trying.


These are some of the thoughts bouncing through my head today.

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

As I read this, I'm sure your presentation is over. I hope you're relieved, happy and am sure you kicked some butt!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope everything went your way. :)

Rebecca said...

Hi Suzanne & Joan....
I am relieved, and happy -- and I'm pretty confident that I did well. They are continuing the hearing until 28 May, so hopefully - they will announce at that point. I was there until 10p last night, and I was emotionally drained when I got in. LOL.

Thanks so much for your well wishes!! :)