Friday, May 08, 2009

Everybody's working for the weekend.....

1. Can’t read my, can’t read my, no he can’t read my Poker Face…. My God, I don’t think I’ve had a song completely take me over like this song has! I can’t get it out of my head….and I really love it. Of course, it doesn’t hurt that the radio station plays it like 13 times during the work day. But it’s a must download for my IPod on Saturday, along with other newer songs that I’ve been remiss in adding. And it’s a necessity for the weekend!

2. Why is music a necessity, Rebecca? Well, because I’ve decided that I am going to run the Mothers’ Day Road Race that I participated in last year. It was my goal to be able to run that race post surgery – and even though it’s a week earlier than I had thought it would be – I’m definitely capable of doing it. I think with the music to pace me properly, I will be just fine. And – I’m going to have a running partner this time. All these races I’ve done, I run alone; but I’ve been running with a co worker of mine who lives around the corner from me – so she and I are going to run it together. I don’t expect to beat my time from last year – or even match it, quite honestly – this time, it’s just about completion. Didn’t I say the bitch is back?

3. I’m all about the weekend…and it’s sunny and beautiful out. After all the rain, this is a spectacular way to start the weekend – and one with out soccer might I add, which is a nice bonus surprise. Don’t get me wrong, I love soccer with the kids – but I really would like to go get my hanging plants for the porch and just have fun with the kiddies hanging out. Tonight we have a family birthday party to go to – so after work I’ll be making chicken wings to bring with us; then tomorrow hopefully just us having a fabulous day in what I’m hoping will be beautiful weather. Fingers crossed….

4. It’s all about being Mom. So, the kids have informed me that they want to take me to Canobie Lake for Mother’s Day. (hmm, wondering if they have confused Mother’s Day with Kid’s Day?? Kidding…) I told them whatever they want to do to celebrate is perfectly fine with me, so long as we have a great day. I’m not fussy. My only request is that I get the 7-11a.m time frame to do my running thing. The rest of the day – is theirs.

5. Big week next week….lots of things going on. Big changes possibly. Big news hopefully. Big, big, big!!! Stay tuned….

3 comments:

Martie said...

Just stopped by to see how things are going. Sounds as if you have been very, very, very busy......as usual. Now I'm intrigued by the 'big' news and will have to make the time to stop in more often!

Hugs my friend!

Martie said...

Oops.......I almost forgot...
Happy Mother's Day!

Suldog said...

Hope the big news is big happy news!