Monday, May 18, 2009

There's no time to waste…There's so much to celebrate

I think people confuse positivity with delusion.

Have rose colored glasses on, doesn’t necessarily mean that a person is blissfully ignorant.
It just means that they choose to look towards the positives in every negative – and focus on moving forward in that type of a mindset; it means embracing the “cans” and “can” in a situation rather than the “can’t” or “won’t”.

As a result of my being this type of a person, I am exceptionally good at dealing with trauma or crisis. It is easy for me to be able to help others, and be positive and strong for someone else who isn’t capable of being that way.

I am able to be aware of any situation, but I quickly analyze how to make the best of it and overcome. Seriously, I have to be honest and say – I like being who I am.

So, while I am not the type of person who breaks down or falls apart – or publicly shows emotion -- that doesn’t mean that any given situation doesn’t affect me. Being capable of compartmentalizing and rationalizing things, taking the emotion out of the situation and dissecting it logically, methodically, and if the situation calls for it – medically, is a unique strength. Truth of the matter is, that I internalize; I take all the information in, and process it -- and even when I’m outwardly positive to everyone doesn’t necessarily mean that I am not literally struggling to breathe at times.

This is just how I’m built – and yet I’m always perplexed when other people think my perspective is naiveté as opposed to a showing of strength or clarity.

Maybe there’s too much emotion on the other side for someone to view possibilities positively….there’s no availability for objectiveness.

But it still bothers me that those who should know me best, don’t.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always good to look at the positive. A person feels better physically and emotionally.