Monday, May 11, 2009

Mamma Mia....

I love the days that I unexpectedly get to be Domestic Supergoddess. Today was one of them -- and as my daughter just very recently finished Pre-K for the school year, it ended up being a "girl's day" of sorts which is an extra added bonus -- and a necessity for today, truth be told.

My Princess Petunia decided to give me an early Mother's Day gift -- or so she thought. Saturday, I took the kids to get their hair cut. After we'd done our days worth of errands, we were home relaxing -- each kid in their own room, while I was in my office practicing my presentation for tomorrow night's license hearing.

Quietly, my daughter enters the room and looks at me as she poses like she's a supermodel - and says (in a very "I'm so proud of myself" kind of way) "do you notice anything different about me?" (really emphasizing the word "different".) Suddenly, the horror dawned on me: she somehow got a hold of a pair of scissors and cut her hair.

None of the scissors in the house are readily accessible....this girl went into the laundry room, climbed the washer and dryer - to reach onto the shelving and grab an arts and crafts basket. Where she proceeded to find a pair of arts and craft scissors -- you know, the kind that aren't supposed to be sharp enough to cut yourself, or say -- your hair? Right.... uh-huh. Well, word to the wise -- they are, and they do.

Here's hoping that she doesn't go to beauty school.

I did take her today to the salon to get fixed as best as we could - and while she doesn't have a bob cut to her jaw - she does have a quasi mullet and a big ol' chunk of bald going on which hopefully will grow back sooner rather than later.


I have to be honest.... I almost cried.

4 comments:

chesneygirl said...

OH NO!!

Well at least she didn't do it the week before school pictures like *I* did when I was a couple years older than her. LOL!

Rebecca said...

LOL, see - and you turned out perfectly wonderful, LOL, so there's hope for my Fia Mia yet. :)

Too funny too, because all I kept thinking was "thank god she already had her pre-k pictures taken!"

Suzanne said...

OMGoodness! You really took this well! I can't imagine! I guess that's a benefit to having all boys... though Lukey does have a lot of hair... he actually could do some damage!

Rebecca said...

Fortunately, the salon was able to give her an adorable fix. She said she wanted to look like Kelly Clarkson, LOL. So she has all layers and even though her bangs are SHORT, they're growing in nicely. It's actually adorable... LOL