Tuesday, May 05, 2009

The fevers gonna catch you when the bitch gets back….

So while they were right, I wouldn’t be able to run a 5K by Mother’s Day –– I did make my first complete mile, post knee surgery.

I’m on my way back boys and girls.
The bitch is back.
(Of course, I mean that in the best possible way.)

I’ve got to get my cardio back into gear, that was the toughest part – and of course, having had pneumonia a few weeks ago probably doesn’t help any. My lungs were singing to me yesterday. But the knee….felt great. And my quad was strong. I actually took a very long and intense yoga class last night and I noticed the difference in my leg doing both in one day. I had far better range of motion and flexibility and my knee doesn’t feel at all tight or swollen today.

Best of all, I’ve got that great soreness going on which is the high that I chase.
Sure, I’m warm and sleepy – and it’s freezing in my office, and I’d rather be anywhere else but there….but I feel the burn in my hips, and the soreness in my abs – the strength in my arms once again, and it makes me feel happy and excited to set goals and push myself once again.

2 comments:

Raina said...

That is a great feeling! The soreness, aching and burning, that is, haha! Hopefully, I, too, will be back on track soon. :)

Nichole M said...

Hooray!! You have been waiting for this for *so* long... I would have probably become murderous if I had to wait so long to work out. My hat's off to you!