Friday, February 01, 2008

Yawn...snore....zzzz....

Last night I was watching my latest guilty pleasure show, "Celebrity
Rehab with Dr. Drew Pinsky". I have to tell you -- it's pretty decent.
A sad commentary on celebrity and indulgence, but decent none the less.


Today is definitely one of those "blah" kind of days. The weather isn't
being overly cooperative...and I ate far too much sushi at lunch today,
and while that was entirely delicious -- this sleepy feeling I'm now
surrounded with, is not. Instead of taking yoga today, I'm going to run
all this blah-ness away - hopefully.


Speaking of yoga, l just discovered that my favorite 3:30 - 5 class has
now become a 4 - 5:30 one. Sort of puts a kink in my scheduling, but
I'm going to have to find a way to make that one work. And...the
price went up? Still so very much worth it. I've not been able to go
that much, but life is settling in now that the holidays and vacation
are over -- so I'm thinking February is going to be a good "back in the
groove" kind of month.


Oh, and I got a fun little surprise this morning...my sitter is
pregnant. I can't say anything to anyone else - and since no one who
sees her on a regular basis reads my blog, I can share the news here.
My kids don't even know yet! She's very early on, only 5.5 weeks - so
in the instance of being cautious, we're opting not to tell the kids
until she's a little further along. Wow. She still wants to work when
she has the baby -- bringing he/she with her, and I'm actually okay with
that. A newborn and my daughter who will at that point be 4 - isn't too
terrible. Plus, it will give my little girl who's always "the baby" the
opportunity to be the "bigger" one and get to do a little mothering of
her own. I think it will be a good thing. The downside: wintertime.
Will she really want to drag a warm, happy baby out of the house in the
winter? But, these are the bridges we'll cross as we get to them.
Another little fun upside: I get to have a newborn in the house again -
without having to actually have one myself!!! It will satisfy those
baby pangs I feel once and a while, that's for sure....


The store situation seems to be moving right along... Not exactly sure
where it's at specifically with regards to the licensing and the State -
but we're moving forward. That much I know. I know the builder and
architect are sending me plans shortly for the outside and the shell of
the space itself. So exciting. Last word was that the town wants to
not have it be a "strip mall" or "high tech" looking building, but
something more small townish, which is perfectly fine by me -- I do not
want to be in a strip mall type of place anyway! So they're thinking
something that is a mix of retail and residential looking, possibly with
a farmer's porch of sorts (without the steps up) - and I'm perfectly
fine with that. So not fussy - and I think it's quite charming to have
a wine and cheese boutique in an eclectic looking, quaint space.


A little Red Sox news....they signed Shawn Casey to a 1 year deal, which
I find very interesting - I don't know much about him but I'm going to
assume that he's a defensive-type? Ah yes, and then there's Sunday.
Superbowl Sunday - can't wait. For the first time, I'm actually not
having a big party at my house. Truly I just don't feel up to it. And
I want to really watch the game...because I do really enjoy football.
So, I'll make a pot of chili - and maybe some chicken or whatever and
just relax. But best of all is that after the Superbowl is over, it's
really time to start gearing up for baseball....!

Oh, and one last note...has everyone seen those really smoking pictures
of Tom Brady that have been circulating through the internet? They look
like outtakes from his Stetson ads, and I have to be honest here and
say: "Oh. My. God." He is really very, very handsome.

No comments: