Monday, February 11, 2008

Reversed the Curse!

No, not baseball...
My "baking" curse!


I. CAN. BAKE!

Oh yes, I can. This weekend, I baked from scratch -- oatmeal chocolate
chip cookies, with coconut and peanut butter. (Yes, I thought to
myself, "how many different flavors can I jam into one little cookie and
still have it taste good?") They were soft, and chewy... As Saturday
Night Live would suggest: "like butt-ah".

But the best, were the brownies. They were amazing. Like fudge almost!
So flipping rich I cut them into fudge-like squares. And they were so
easy to make! I'm actually going to make some more and bring them in to
share with my co-workers who have laughed along with me on my
"unsuccessful adventures in baking". I'd also been hoping to make a
pineapple upside down cake (oh yeah, insert choirs of angels singing
HERE) but didn't have time, so I'm thinking that my Valentine's Day gift
to some of my favorite co -workers (very, very short list...) is going
to be some sweets.

Clearly, the Kitchen Aid and I have "come together as one" and have
found each other.
Okay, well maybe not. But I do think I've found my "baking mojo" and
I'm very, very excited about that.
Cake, anyone..?

3 comments:

Susan said...

You are making me HUNGRY!!

Martie said...

Dang, and I was doing so well on my diet too, until I read about your baking sweets.........it's gonna be tough now, not baking myself. But I'm glad you are successful at it now!

Hugs, and I've missed coming by for regualar visits!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.