Saturday, February 23, 2008

And it's Saturday...

I'm fuming at the moment because the guy who plows our driveway is an idiot. I'm sorry - I know that sounds harsh, but...look, we know the driveway is steep. We overlooked the fact that last year he broke the landscape wall going down the drive way. We've overlooked the fact that he continually rips our lawn - and did I mention, practically killed my japanese maple? But last night - was the kicker. Not only did he slam not once - but twice - into the basketball pole, it's now turned and twisted. The lawn is entirely ripped up...he didn't sand - and I can not make it up my driveway. WTF?

Today, the kiddies and I are planning on hitting the pet store. My son's fish - "Mixed up Spidey" (because of course, he was all red, blue and black looking like a mixed up version of Spiderman, naturally!) has moved on to the big fish tank in the sky. So, my daughter is going to pick out a Beta for her room - and my son will get a new one. This is his 3rd one in three years - not too bad actually.

So, I'm blatantly stealing a survey from Nichole, who does these really fun "feasts" on Fridays. I thought it would be fun to do for my Saturday Survey this week!

Have you ever played a practical joke on anyone? If so, what did you do and who was your victim? You know, I try really hard to play jokes on people, but I laugh so hard that I give myself away. I'm sure I've done one that was pretty good, but nothing is coming to mind. In work there's a small group of us who always play "jokes" on each other, but I don't have anything outstanding in my "reportoire" that easily comes to mind.

What do your salt and pepper shakers look like? Well, for every day use - I have those ones you buy packaged at the store that are prefilled and say "salt" and "pepper" on them. Then I have some pretty plain ceramic ones, just for show - on the top of my stove. Then, I have a salt grinder and a pepper grinder - but never use them because ugh, they're just too much work to fill constantly. But the BEST ones I got from my aunt this year as a gift at Christmas. 12 individual mini pairs of salt and pepper shakers, so when I do my big holiday dinners, everyone has their own pair! How fun!! And so very me.... I was more excited about those than some of my other gifts!

Where is the next place you plan to visit? I'm supposed to go for a girls weekend to Eastover for my girlfriend's birthday in May. But as far as places like, out of state - I'm just not sure. Still hoping to do a NYC weekend (Julie??) and I know for sure that either this summer or next spring, a road trip to Hershey Park for the kiddies is going to be planned!

What kind of lotion or cream do you use to keep your hands from getting too dry? I am a lotion addict. (Yet another group I need to join..."Hi, I'm Rebecca and I'm addicted to body lotions, body creams, lip glosses and mascara".) It varies, depending on my mood. I've got Victoria's Secret "Love Spell" and "Pure Seduction" on hand, though I just remembered I'm out of "Strawberries & Champagne"; as well as Bath & Body Works "Breathe: Romance". The key is not only do my hands need to be soft - they need to smell pretty too.


Make up a dessert, tell us the ingredients, and give us a name. Peanut Butter, mixed with dark chocolate ganache and layered between a devil's food cake, frosted with peanut butter and chocolate frosting...with shavings of coconut and peanuts on top. Hmm, what to call it? "To die for"...

4 comments:

Martie said...

You have every right to be upset and angry with the plowing service you hired. I would be asking for a refund or some compensation for the damages that have been done.

My son does mine when hubby is unable too, so I can't complain. It's free and he always tries to be careful, although I did lose my 'Rose of Sharon' bush this winter, I can replace it with something else and with it gone, it makes it easier for hub to mow! ;)

Susan said...

YUM, that dessert sounds delish!

Suldog said...

You definitely need to be recompensed.

Nichole M said...

Yes. Good-smelling hands are a *must*. But we have to have the scent that fits our mood, right? That's how I justify my collection of lotions... :-\