Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Academy Awards: Part Two

Okay. So I was very frustrated because my DVR cut off the Academy Awards in the middle of the "Best Actor" montage.
AAAgh.

I had to Google and find out who won for "Best Actor" and "Best Picture". I should've known, the Oscars always run over three hours - I should've set my DVR for 4. I hate when that happens! But here's the thing...it seems that I truly didn't miss too much. There were very few spectacular Oscar moments up to that point, outside of seeing "Best Actress" being awarded. Interestingly enough, I thought this particular Oscars show was a little...uneventful? Blasé even...?


I do know this much, there were some seemingly great movies nominated this year -- and I am definitely looking forward to watching them. Some years, the movies are just okay. Some years they are all really amazing. While two years ago I thought all of the movies were really outstanding - I actually saw almost all of them prior to the award show and so I was really excited to see who would win; this year, it's going to be a "Monday Morning Quarterback" kind of thing.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I didn't even watch them. I'm bad!