Friday, February 22, 2008

Just when we thought Spring was around the corner....

So clearly all this Spring Training business has put me out of the
mindset for snow. But truthfully, this morning's snowstorm doesn't look
like it's going to develop into a whole heck of a lot. At least not in
my neck of the woods. I'm still at work - the roads are bare and it's
been snowing off and on since 8. They ("they" being the collective
group of weather forecasters who clearly are never sure of what's going
to happen - boy would I love that job!) said this is a fast moving storm
and with the worst happening between now and 4 pm. Well, it's not
looking all that bad now, so...


I just got the BEST thing at work! A friend at work offered to do a
Dunkin's run - which that in of itself is wonderful, but - he also
brought back a surprise for myself and one of my other friends. He's
given us before these German dark chocolates that have this amazingly
strong Brandy in them. They are called Asbach Uralt - should anyone so
choose to Google them. It took me some time to get used to the liquer
but they are wonderful! They're only sold at holiday times and clearly
- the BX has their Easter candy out. So he surprised my friend and I
each with a box. So, we just "toasted" and drank/ate some chocolates,
and now - I've got myself a nice little buzz. No, not really but it's
just fun to say that I do. The chocolates are delicious and truthfully
I don't think I could ever eat more than two otherwise I would truly
have a good little buzz going.


Quiet weekend planned. I'm hoping to get out on Saturday night for
dinner and drinks with some friends - but not sure how that's going to
develop. Worst case is I'll get some amazing sushi to eat in, right?
And Sunday, I invited a girlfriend and her son over for brunch in the
morning - but I've yet to hear from her either. So I'm sort of up in
the air all around, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I'm not going
to mind a fun weekend with the kids with nothing in particular planned.
Sunday, if my girlfriend opts not to come over - then I think I'll take
them to Cracker Barrell for breakfast.


I'm not going to mind a little low drag this weekend to be honest. If I
could just work on the "spring" aspect, I'd be all set....

No comments: