Sunday, February 03, 2008

Are you ready for some football...?

It's Superbowl Sunday and I can't wait for the game.

Who am I kidding - I can't wait to start watching the pre-game! I've got chili cooking, subs to be picked up...and kiddies in the bathtub waiting to get dressed up in their Patriots gear.

And, I'm curious to see the commercials too...last year there were really no standouts. I really appreciate a good creative mind, so I sort of dig seeing great commercials - although I do feel that there are entirely too many of them during a football game, let alone the Superbowl.

Half time with Tom Petty ought to be good. I really like his music, but he's so low key normally - he's not what I would've expected for a half time show. I have to say I think my favorite to date has been Prince.

Predictions for the final score, well I'm entirely up in the air. It depends on which Eli Manning shows up to the game -- as well as how good our defense is with covering the center. The Jets were probably our most challenging game all season, but then again - we were missing Kyle Brady, Matt LIght and one other player (I forget who actually!). We have more than just our passing game to win (my favorite Laurence Maroney being just one weapon!) and so I really think that we should not have much of an issue today.












But football IS an "any given Sunday" kind of game. While I'd love to say that I think it will be a blow out, never underestimate the underdog. We here in New England should know that better than anyone! So, I'm going to predict a Patriots win - but I'm going to be cautious and say that it's going to be a challenging game - and that while I think we will win, I don't know that it will be a landslide.


3 comments:

Big Ben said...

really I just hope it is a close game, blow outs suck.

As much as it was great for the Sox to win, it would have been much better if the WS games were close.

chesneygirl said...

SO Miss Rebecca! What do you have to say TODAY about the Superbowl???
I'm very curious! ;)


I'm just teasin' ya, I really thought NE would win too.

Susan said...

Everyone here is so depressed...