Friday, February 08, 2008

Things that make you go "Hmmm..?"

It has been a very busy week newswise.


Surprisingly sad news out of the Red Sox camp yesterday regarding Curt Schilling. Although, I have to say -- I had a sneaking suspicion that something wasn't quite right. I read his blog regularly and he's so very good about writing regulary -- and with Spring Training so close around the corner, he hadn't mentioned anything about it. Not a word. Now, does that mean anything? No, of course not - but my "woman's intution" said, "hmmm. I wonder why there's no buildup to the upcoming Spring Training"...and then yesterday the news broke. So, since I'm a Sox fan -- and a Curt Schilling "enthusiast" so to speak -- this news is really so disappointing. It will be interesting to see how things will or won't change now with regards to the pitching rotation come the start
of the new season.



Okay, what is with all of these gun-toting crazy folks? Last night, a man shoots up the Mayor and his City Council in Missouri; and today, a student in LA (that would be Louisiana, not Los Angeles) kills two students and then herself. I'm just going to put it out there and say "WTF?". No matter how angry I am at another person - short of them harming my children - I can't think of any reason as to why I'd ever want to kill another human being. Seriously! Cheating on your wife? Get a divorce, don't kill her!!! Lose a lawsuit to the town? Move away! Don't kill them...! Come on now - I'm going to end up going back to my mindset of thinking that anything south of the Carolinas is a third world country!!! (Sorry my Southern friends - I don't really feel that way, it's just a funny "Damn Yankee" comment to say sometimes!)



Former Massachusetts Governor and double talking poll watching flip flop flim flam man -- Mitt Romney -- has dropped out of the Presidential Race. Can I get a resounding "yee-haw!"? (A little "shout out to my Southern friends to make up for the comment previously written..) I was a little nervous there before Super Tuesday thinking he actually stood a shot. Here's the thing. I've got to be honest...I really dug him as Governor. But as Presidential nominee? No thank you. He contradicted just about everything he said he believed in when he was running our state. However, I liked how he was fiscally conservative and he cleaned this state up pretty darn well -- yes, a lot of public programs had to stop for a while. I know that parks closed and other extra niceties went away for a little while. But I look at it this way; medicine often tastes like crap going down - but you sure feel a lot better afterwards. And a lot of the programs did end up coming back. Interesting conversation I had with a careeer drug addict, who's been a user since he was 17 -- and he has been in and out of rehab more times than Jeff Conaway. You know what he had the audacity to say to me? That one of the reasons why he didn't like Mitt Romney is because he closed a lot of the "Free Methadone" clinics. Oh, I'm sorry - no more "free heroin" for you? No more "state supported dependency"? Oh, so sad. I'm sorry - my tax payer dollars should not be used on supporting the drug habits of others. Just this girls humble opinion...



And finally... Yes, it's back to baseball. I'm sorry, but when I heard that Brian McNamara has old gauze pads, and syringes with steroids and Roger Clemens' DNA on them - I was eerily brought back to the days of Linda Tripp and Monica Lewinksy -- with the famous stained blue dress. How disturbing is it to think that he saved these things?!?! (Insert another "WTF" here if you'd like...) Did he know that he was going to have to testify? Did he know that Clemens would deny it and he'd have to exonerate himself with DNA? And if he knew those things...then wouldn't one think that it's almost entrapment on his part? I'm sorry, while I totally believe Brian McNamara - I think it's creepy that he has his own personal DNA collection, as if he's "Dexter"!


Creepy.

No comments: