Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thoughts for Thursday...

1.  Thai Fresh Rolls are very good - and could be my new fixation for days when I'm hungry but don't feel like eating a lot of rice - but still in the mood for something sushi-ish.  I got them today at the Commissary and they were fantastic.  Fresh vegetables (cucumbers, carrots and avacado) wrapped in a vermicelli "paper".  A nice, hoisin pepper sauce for dipping them into...and they were ice cold.  Love, love, loved them.   So I'm passing the recommendation on....


2.  So I just found out today that the 108 Sun Salutations Fundraiser is going to happen this Spring as opposed to this summer -- and I’m just getting back into my yoga groove now.  I took, what - 6 weeks off - and now I’m putting all this pressure on myself to get into shape to be able to complete the full 108 again.  I can't help it, I'm very competitive - especially with myself - and I think out of the 15 of us that participated last year, only 5 of us completed all 108 of them.  It was by far the most physically challenging thing I've done and I was in much better shape this summer than I am now; so I'm really going to be focusing on getting myself in amazing shape to be able to have the upper body strength to do it.  Even though I was in great shape this summer, doing all those one legged pushups had my hamstrings singing to me for two weeks!   But truthfully - yoga impacts your muscles so quickly.  I've been back just one class so far and my arms looked better the next day.  No joke.  A really good, athletic yoga class will refresh that muscle memory like you can't imagine….!


3.  David Archuletta(sp) is the new American Idol.  There, I've said it.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  I can't see anyone, male or female beating him in this.  If they do -- it would really be too bad.  Some really amazing talent on there this season, and I love watching it.  But truthfully, he should win.  Just this girls opinion…


4.  I am really bummed that the Sox aren't on NESN tonight.  They're doing a split squad game, sort of a double header against BC & Northeastern.  Unfortunately, untelevised.  I sort of had been planning my television watching schedule around it.  However, the good news is they are on tomorrow night against the Twins.  Can. Not. Wait.  How funny was it when they were at the White House yesterday?  Say what you want about politics, it's such an honor to meet the President of the United States.  Regardless of what you think of a person's views you've got to respect the individual holding the office -and realize it's a job just like anything else; it should never be personal.  And I’m sorry, I've got to say it -- how handsome was Jason?!?!?  Sigh….


5.  Boston is seemingly becoming Hollywood East.  And you know what, I'm really digging that.  There's plans for a new studio to maybe be built in South Weymouth -- and you know, it just makes it possible for a girl like myself to never let go of the dream.

2 comments:

Susan said...

My old roommate use to make fresh Thai rolls...so good. Funny I have the stuff to make them (rice paper) you just have to make a lot and there's only one me to eat them.

chesneygirl said...

I agree with you on the American Idol choice. But I also think Carly is a very close second.