Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Must be doing something right....

So, last night I had a phone conversation with a person from "In Style"
magazine.



Seems they called down the store looking for me yesterday morning. When
I found out, I was shocked and awed to say the least. I mean, "Me???
Why would THEY call ME?" was exactly what I said. And so I started
feverishly thinking about the different casting ads I might have
answered, and was one of them for "In Style"? Turns out that's not the
case. However...

They did call because they are doing a coast-to-coast design issue and
they are featuring a high profile and amazing interior designer from
Boston who was kind enough to say some lovely words about our shop! So
glowing in fact, that they called and asked if we could send 3-5 bottles
out today for a photo shoot - along with a writeup and brief description
of each wine and why we'd recommend it as a Springtime selection. They
told me the designer's name, and what puzzles me is that I don't recall
meeting him personally so I'm not sure why my name specifically was
mentioned -- but I'm not complaining! So I said that I would be
thrilled to do so, and to please -- when they speak to this designer --
pass along my personal humble thanks for thinking so highly of us.

Immediately, my creative juices started flowing and I thought to myself
"if only I can impress them with my writeups enough that they'd say
'hey, this girl isn't bad...maybe she can write a little somethin'
somethin' for us occasionally on entertaining...". It's so hard to let
go of the possibility of "if's". "If" I could just get an interview for
NESN maybe I could do on-air work..."If" I could snag an interview for a
radio station I could possibly find my own little talk show..."If" I can
get a good acting audition, I just might "wow" the casting director.
Sigh... A girl can dream, right?

Once the issue is released, I do believe we are going to send this
designer a "thank you" card and a bottle of wine. Never in a million
years could we afford even a text ad in "In Style" - let alone pictures
of our product and by name mentioning in an article. So, while it's
always the goal to be the wine shop that everyone loves -- it's really
just so nice when someone in a position of capability to afford you a
little exposure - is kind enough to do so.

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's fantastic! Let me know when it comes out! Let me guess April?