Tuesday, February 19, 2008

This girl's feelings on Spring Training thus far....


1. I am so pleased to hear that so far, Manny is "happy being in Boston" and hope to see that last throughout the season -- and into contract negotiations when the time comes. He is by far my favorite player (second to, ahem, the Captain) and I would hate to ever have to think about us playing against him. There is no player that I can think of that would be a comprable replacement for him -- and I truly enjoy watching him play. He's a hard worker (from what I've read, because clearly - I don't know him personally) and I am so looking forward to watching his antics on the bench if NESN shows them like they usually do. Who's better than Manny for making everyone laugh? Nobody....


2. Okay. A little gushing about Jason....great quotes from Terry Francona on how Jason came into camp in amazing conditioning shape - and that's just one of the many reasons why he's the Captain. Leading by example, that is by far one of the best ways to be a leader not just in baseball - but in life in general. Sigh.... Love him.


3. Not digging the media frenzy on the Curt Schilling injury.... What's the deal with trying to paint him in a negative light about this injury/contract deal? Seriously! Enough already. I have to tell you, they build you up just to bring you down. Tough crowd the Boston media is...tough crowd. Speaking of the media, I'm so sick and tired of hearing about Spygate. Give me a break, would you?


And that's really about it; it's been pretty quiet considering - and I just can't wait to see the season start. Wish I could travel to Japan, but you know - I'm just not made of money. But what I wouldn't give for some amazing sushi....!

1 comment:

Martie said...

I don't usually leave comments about football and/or baseball as I am not a big fan of either (I know, how un-American of me)!

But I have to agree about your statement that Jason made quite an example by showing up already fit and ready to play! You're right, that's what leader's are made of!

Hugs!

BTW, Naive is posting again in case you didn't know.