Saturday, November 18, 2006

Why I love Saturdays.....

Saturdays are "Mommy & Me" days. I always try to do something fun and interesting with the kids. Today was definitely fun. I took them to the Model Train & Toy show. My son has loved trains since he was a baby - and of course, my daughter being the second - would rather play with her brother's trains than most of her own toys. So I knew this was going to be a good call. It's amazing all of the different things that are available for the avid collector. And all so life like!

This particular event drew a rather interesting crowd, to say the least. Some very....eccentric type people there. Let's just say that although I always make the kids hold my hands - I made sure that they didn't even think about straying from my side.

And what's really nice about this particular location where it was at - was that the food was great! They featured home made foods as well as the average pizza, chicken fingers and hot dogs. Some of my chickie's favorites were there -- home made clam chowder, chili, Shepherds Pie, Chop Suey, Baked Macaroni and Cheese. So I didn't mind so much them eating out because it wasn't just junk.

Admission was free for them - and they loved it. It doesn't have to cost a million dollars to keep the kids happy, which is always a great thing for me!

3 comments:

Martie said...

You're right about it not having to cost a fortune to keep the kids happy.....most times all it takes is just a little interest in THEM and a show of true caring to really make them feel GREAT and have a good time!!! Kudos to you for being the kind of 'Mom' you are!!!! Lucky kiddos!!

Peter N said...

Chowder, extra hot, with saltines, is a great start. It's Sunday morning, and I'm thinking of lunch food before its time! Take care, Rebecca...Peter

Big Ben said...

I thought model trains were really cool when I was a kid and my grandfather had one, he gave it to someone else!