Thursday, November 09, 2006

Breaking up is hard to do.....

Relationships are difficult enough to begin with....but to have one publicized on television, surely has got to be just the means to the end of one, wouldn't you think?

Britney Spears is now divorcing Kevin Federline. Shocking.After that "Chaotic" television series about their relationship, how could they not have seen that one coming. I mean, did she sit at home and watch it and think "We are soooo cool!"? Clearly, neither one of them have a brain between them; and we knew this - obviously they haven't figured that out yet. But to see it in liquid crystal was just.....disturbing.

Jessica and Nick. One of the first "reality" couples. And what's so sad about Jessica is that this show not only made her the identity that she is today (she's not even a person any more it seems, just an image) - it also showed how poorly she treated her husband. And how not so bright she was. And how poorly she treated her husband. (Can I stress that enough?) What I wouldn't have given to have Nick Lachey dote on me the way he doted on her!!! And I would've appreciated it!!!! He loved her....and she was so.....pampered spoiled Siamese Cat-ish. Clearly, he needs a real woman who can show him what it's like to be loved.....but I digress.

Dave Navarro & Carmen Electra. First of all, while I'm quite addicted to reading his blog and find him really smart and articulate - he has some bizarre habits, clearly. And Carmen, well.....What was she thinking? Not the marriage - but the televised aspect of it all?!?! I sort of felt bad that they couldn't work it out. She hasn't had much luck in love it seems. But then again.... Dennis Rodman?!?! There's something to be said about maybe not making the best choices.

Danny & Gretchen Bonaduce: While I love this show, I'm so disturbed by it. What ever made them think that by televising their already destructive and broken marriage - it might fix it?? It's over.... and there's no amount of publicity or residuals that are going to fix that. He's tormented....he torments her....she's tormented....the kids are being tormented. Just end it and move on. Let's just see Danny being destructive, and let his poor wife off the hook.

Reality shows aren't real.... I guess that's the point of it all. And clearly, celebrities haven't quite gotten that point yet either.

7 comments:

chesneygirl said...

Do we see a pattern here? (note to self: do not be in a reality series that exposes my home life, it will end your marriage)

I put a short post about Britney and Kevin on my blog yesterday, basically saying the same thing you did.

I have to admit, I loved Newlyweds....I own the DVD boxed set of all 3 seasons. I'll leave it at that.

I did NOT know the Bonaduce's had a show!!! Nor had I heard they were getting divorced!! They've been married quite a while haven't they? Donnie had a very successful morning radio show here in Detroit for quite a while and he was HILARIOUS, I loved it and listened everyday. I wonder if the show is just as good?

chesneygirl said...

oops..I meant DANNY, not Donnie!

Suldog said...

Ugh. Celebrity gossip/"reality" shows rank right up there with eating a bowlful of molten lead on my list of favorites.

Peter N said...

Rebecca, I watched the entire first season of Breaking Bonaduce last year, and I thought it was top notch fun, fun not to think about, but enjoy. This year? The first couple of episodes haven't had the same impact. I have week three on the DVR, and I might watch it later, but last year's 12 shows? So great. Stay well...still love your hat.

Peter N said...

Hi Ches!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think my life should be on TV but I'm glad it's not

Anonymous said...

Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe