Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Scents and Secrets.....

Today is the first day that it's really smelled like snow outside.

It feels like snow...but it also has that snow smell. As I've mentioned previously, there's no real way to describe it to someone who's never smelled it, outside of maybe describing it as how an ice cold and crisp apple tastes when you first bite into it. That's probably the best description I could give for someone who has never lived in a winter weather area.

Funny, today I have nothing in particular to say.

Imagine? Me, without some semblence of a rant?

Well, I'm in a great mood....which I usually am anyway...but, I'm having a great hair day today, and I love what I'm wearing - which always puts a girl in an especially good mood. Sometimes, depending on how your hair comes out, or how comfortable you feel in the outfit you're wearing - that in of itself can set the tone for the whole day. I mean, sure - no one else will know that you're feeling "off"....unless, of course you divulge the information. It's sort of like when you wear a little sexy "something something" underneath your clothes - not for anyone in particular - just for yourself, to feel fun and special. It's like your own little secret. (Which of course, now I get the whole "Victoria's Secret" name. The secret is that no one has to know you're wearing the fun little flirty stuff, other than yourself! Isn't that fun?!?)

So with my cold hands, and my warm heart I'm here to say that this is my story for today....and I'm sticking to it!

4 comments:

Martie said...

I like your story for today! It brings a smile to my face which helps to make me in a better mood too! thanks

Anonymous said...

I love love love that winter smell in the air. I know exactly what you are talking about!

Anonymous said...

Snow smell! I though MY WIFE and I were the only two who "smelled" snow. And we both thought folks would look at us as though we were loons if we mentioned it. Apparently, we are not alone. Excellent!

Peter N said...

It's that cold humid crisp "makes you smile" smell. And Rebecca, wait until Monday late into Tuesday. A Nor'easter with a preceding cold air mass might be in the works. You'll appreciate my weather stuff as we go into the winter season. Keep smelling! The temps will change late Friday, with thunderboomers...and then? Wow!