Friday, November 17, 2006

Vanity Plates

I've always thought it was pretty cool to have license plates that were personalized. I never got one myself, but I love seeing some of the really unique ones that are out there.

Today, I had two experiences with two different vanity plates this morning. One pissed me off....the other - made me smile.

I was driving in the far right lane to get onto route 128 this morning, and this guy in his SUV almost crashes into me, practically sideswiping me. Where did he think I was going to go? I would've crashed into the guardrail. So, of course I lean on my horn and call him a few choice words with my mouth that's like a trucker. What does he do? He's not even going onto 128 (which at least I could've cut him slack on, and just thought he was a jerk trying to get ahead of me), he's going straight towards the rotary. So he leaned all the way over into my lane and stayed there for no good reason. What was his license plate: LYRIX.

I was on base, driving towards my office and stop at a red light. I see a car with a family in it - and the license plate said "HEREWEGO"..... Cute, huh?

Some of my favorites are:


OOO LALA
What more do you need to say? On a 1991 Red Convertible Corvette with IL Plates
BEACHN
Beaching!
BKEEPR
Bee keeper
DA WABIT
On a VW Rabbit
FTFETISH
On a Podiatrist's new Caddy
GODZGOOD
God is Good, on a pastor's car in Virginia. Virginia frowned upon putting religious messages on vanity license plates, but it ruled this one ok
ICNCYDU
I see inside you, a radiologist's plate
LVB4UDI
Live Before You Die
PAID2RGU
Paid to aruge, an attorney's ego tag in New York
RSKYBNS
Risky Business, on a '94 Red Porsche 968
SMOKDYA
Smoked you!
STORK1
On an Obstetrician's Mercedes
TZVECL
On an Ophthalmologist's car - it's the 20/20 line on the eye chart.
UPYOURZ
Same to you buddy! (seen in heavy traffic in Virginia)

5 comments:

Martie said...

These are really cute....I've never noticed personalized plates. I don't know if we don't have them in Michigan, or if I'm just too busy driving to be observant of lic. plates! In any event....this is a great light hearted post. Well except for the idiot that was rude to you! ;(

chesneygirl said...

I like seeing them too!
(yes, Martie, we have them in MI)

One of my favorites:
AMIATA

my friend Ami...she drove a Miata. ;)

Anonymous said...

You are going to crack up...

I keep seeing one in Melrose that says ANALF.

I laugh every time I see it.

Anonymous said...

Here is the whole lot of plates at http://www.pl8s.org!

Unknown said...

I saw ANALF at a hockey rink in Tewksbury. I'm dying to find out what they were thinking. I have photos of them driving it. It is an middle aged couple, he is a large man, she has reddish hair. Anyone to help me on this quest will be much appreciated.