Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ah....Ah.....Ah-choo!

It's been some time since I've had a cold. I mean a real, good ol' fashioned-stuffed-up-nose-needing-chicken-soup cold. And it came this weekend.

I had bronchitis last November....and pneumonia this past April - but those aren't colds. They have no impact on your sinus tract.


I almost forgot what it felt like to have my head so stuffed up that it hurts to think.....
I almost forgot what it's like to feel like you're suffocating when you eat because you can't breathe out of your nose.
Aaaah. The joy that only Vicks Vapor Rub can bring....those are the little things you miss when you are healthy.

As a matter of fact, I'm still so congested today, I'm almost excited that I can't smell the disgusting mildew smell that my office space seems to hold within the ventilation system. Because normally, I have a very sensitive nose that picks up on that stench long before anyone else chimes in with "yeah, I do smell something weird..."


That in of itself almost makes the fact that I have to apply pressure to my front teeth in an upwards motion to alleviate the tension in my sinuses, bearable - possibly even enjoyable.

If I only had the Demi Moore voice to go along with it too....

Eh, well - you can't have everything!


9 comments:

Peter N said...

Feel better...and you have it all over that Demi Moore....just my opinion, for what it's worth. I guess if you started a fan club, I'd be a charter member.

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

I'm greatly disappointed in your illness...because you know how much I love, love, love that Demi Moore voice you get. :)

Peter N said...

And thanks for your so recent comment...you are in my thoughts. Now get rid of the "sniffles." Hot tea, with honey. I'll make it!

Peter N said...

Rebecca, I've never heard your voice......am I missing out?

Shayna said...

Peter,

I can definitely vouch for the fact that you're missing out....lol

Hope you feel better soon honey!

Martie said...

Get well soon.....I feel as if something is trying to catch me too! But I'm still running faster than IT is....wish me luck!

Have a hot toddy!

clew said...

Dang, EVERYBODY'S sick! :(

A coworker turned me on to Advil Cold and Sinus. It saved me this round.

Get well, sistah!

chesneygirl said...

Ah, but I AM sporting the Demi voice! I've been sick since LAST Monday (the 6th).
I get one really bad cold about once year and I always, ALWAYS lose my voice at the end of it. Saturday I had no voice. It is now slowly coming back and yesterday and today it's at that "Demi Moore" stage...I've had quite a few compliments on it too! hahaha

Feel better quick, darlin'! :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, you have it good. You get the Demi voice. Me, starting with a deep baritone, I get the Boris Karloff voice.