Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Things that me go "Mmmm..."

1. Yankee Candle's Chocolate Chip Cookie candle. Of all their food flavored scents -- outside of the near and dear to my heart Pumpkin Pie -- this one takes "the cake" for being the most delicious smelling flavor. In my cubicle, I have a candle warmer - and I have this candle warming on it today. Not only does it smell amazing in my room, but all the way down the hall. Everyone is loving it...
(Or, they're hating it because they're trying to stick to their New Year dieting resolutions!)

2. Whole Foods' Carrot & Ginger soup. Many a time I've seen this soup at the kiosk when I'm there, and have often contemplated trying it -- but then opt to go for something else, because truly it doesn't sound that appealing; but it's so cold in the office today and I can't shake the chill -- so I figured a hearty, thick pureed soup would be a good choice. As I'm doing my detoxification diet, I turned down the other delicious choices that were there because I need to stick to strictly vegan with no dairy at all. This is just pureed carrots, ginger, leeks, olive oil and pepper. It was in a word, delicious. If you're in there poking around at the soup counter, and see it being offered -- don't be shy! Get yourself some. I assure you, you will be pleasantly surprised.



3. Aveda Hand Relief. I received a small size of this as a gift at the salon, and I carry it in my purse with me and put apply it many times during the day. I have to get a larger size of it. Not only does it feel good on my hands (not too heavy, not too greasy), but it smells wonderful. Very clean, almost lemony with a hint of.... maybe rosemary? I'm not positive that's the scent - but whatever it is -- it's lovely. I'm not generally a fan of Aveda products, but this one is very nice.

4. Body Shop Body Butter in Almond. I used the last of the Almond butter that I had -- and I'm so disappointed because it's a discontinued scent! I'm going to have to see if I can find it on Ebay. Brazil Nut is yummy too -- but the Almond smells so clean. They both make me feel incredibly good when I'm wearing them, both are very perfume friendly -- and I have yet to find anything that will moisturize your skin as well as these butters do.

5. The smell of my fireplace. I'm so excited to go home tonight and to light a fire. It's cold outside, and we're supposed to get snow - and nothing smells as comforting as the fireplace going on a winter's night. Even if I'm outside shoveling, when the fireplace is on and I can smell the warm smoke mingling with the brisk snowy air, it just makes this girl feel all warm and fuzzy inside. And we know that I'm all about warm, fuzz and comfort.

5 comments:

Nichole M said...

I've been a fan of Aveda's hand and foot relief for years now. It's the perfect lotion for your hands. If you sign up for their frequent buyer program, you'll get a free essential oil perfume on your birthday. I like to take a squirt or two of that and mix it with the lotion for a completely different olfactory experience!

TheDreadedGug said...

Do you ever watch dog food or cat food commericals and wonder why they are trying to make it appetizing for people? "Mmmmm...made with lean cuts of grass-fed beef, savory carrots, and real potatoes, Alpo's All-N-One Meal will make your dog sit up and ask for seconds." I mean, seriously: I sometimes find myself thinking, that sounds pretty good. It makes me sad.

-Dr. Strangelove

Rebecca said...

Nichole - that's a great idea. I'm generally a purist when it comes to my lotions/butters, except for mixing & mingling them w/ perfume. I'll try it.

Dr Strangelove -- I DO find it very odd that they're trying to appeal to the human tastes while advertising food.

LOL. I find the dog food commercials looking pretty delish, but you're talking to a girl who loves, loves, loves Dinty Moore Beef Stew. Some might say they're one and the same! ;)

~**Dawn**~ said...

Chocolate Chip Cookie? You must have had this scent around for a while, no? I don't remember the last time I saw it either in a store or online...

Rebecca said...

Oh - no, it's about a 2yr old scent maybe, but I just bought it a month ago. It's DELISH. :)

Dawn - Shoot me an email, I can't access your site to get your address in work... I've got a quick question for you. Yeah, they block Facebook too! :)