Monday, January 26, 2009

Tick, tock....tick, tock....

The clock is ticking on Jason's offer deadline.

If the reports we hear are true, $8M for 2 years is absolutely spot on for where he should be - most especially given the fact that he declined arbitration.

Two more years....retire as a Sox.
It's what I want to see happen anyway.
(Jason, I love you!
Wait. Did I just say that out loud?!)

If the other reports we hear are true, and his agent didn't exactly do right by him....then maybe this will turn the tides on Mr. "Create a Market Where There is None" for the future.

I never believed the warm fuzzy Jerry Maguire spin that many players publicly have tried to place upon him anyway. I don't believe it for one second.

I'm just wondering when the deadline actually is.

2 comments:

Suldog said...

If he has any brains (and I have to assume he has plenty) he'll take it, stay, and retire as a hero in this town, owning Boston for the remainder of his natural life.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I heard the deadline was this weekend. They gave him 7-10 days to make his choice--and I heard this offer was take-it-or-leave-it. I don't know *what* he needs to think about! Guaranteed two years where he is loved even at "only" $8 million total would be better than no more years for nothing.