Friday, January 09, 2009

So glad it's Friday!

Over the past few weeks, I've run into quite a few people who have had meniscus issues in their knee as I am experiencing -- and here's an interesting little fact I discovered in speaking with them: every single one of them had their MRI either show nothing, or show only a slight possibility of a tear -- and had their orthopedic tell them after their surgery that the MRI didn't show nearly the amount of damage that was happening inside of their knee. This being said - I've had plenty of physical therapy and a cortisone shot (which made it worse, not better - and surprisingly enough, many doctors prefer not using cortisone because it doesn't help anything heal) - and if on the 14th my doctor doesn't recommend scoping, I think I'm going to have to get a second opinion. I'm so all set with this injury. I can't even stand it any longer....and I'm so tired of complaining about it. I've got an acupuncture appointment today after work, and while I see her for headaches (which, by the way I'm going because it's been almost 7 months since I've had a headache with her treatments! So when I had a migraine lurking earlier this week I immediately booked an appointment for preventative reasons...) I think I'm going to mention my knee and see if she wants to "poke" around there, for lack of a better term.

Last night, Princess Petunia had her bedroom rearranged as planned! My room isn't going to get done until tomorrow -- it was just crazy and overambitious for me to think about doing it on a work night - and a Monday, no less. Whatever was I thinking? But I digress...the little Princess loves her new set up, and thanked us (her Nana & I) profusely. She said it was "perfect!!". She called me this morning on her way to school to thank me once again. Nice to see that it doesn't take too much to make her happy....

It's been a relatively busy week, and I've got to be honest -- I'm pretty tired. There's an even busier weekend ahead if the weather cooperates....tubing, birthday parties, shopping. But all this girl is looking forward to at the moment is the acupuncture appointment, and then going home to do nothing but laundry and relaxing . It's not exciting, but honestly -- I'm all set with excitement for right now. I want my fireplace going, the kids in the background, and a quiet night at home.

5 comments:

Nichole M said...

I totally think you should get a second opinion. there's a famous orthopaedic sports medicine place in the Boston area that I would know the name of if I were an orthopod. :-/ I can get the name if you need it.

Rebecca said...

Yes Ma'am. Thank you - please do. :)

Lloyd L. Corricelli said...

I really hope you've been rearranging those rooms following their feng shui!

Martie said...

Yes, get a second opinion on that knee....for sure!

As for less excitment......I'm with you there too. Naive's oldest son turned 20 on the 9th and they started the morning out with a call from her daughter that she had been in an accident with her car. The police and tow truck were on the way. She lost control on the same street I almost ditched my car Thursday morning, but I was able to save it. She wasn't that lucky. The steep embankment she went down, should have caused her to roll her vehicle. I'm grateful that God was watching over her. She wasn't hurt and the only damage to her car?........a torn off outside mirror on the drivers door. Too much excitment for me!

Good luck with your knee!

Hugs my friend.

~**Dawn**~ said...

I wish I could rearrange my furniture in my apartment. Unfortunately, the size of the rooms & the location of the cable outlets dictates the arrangement of the furniture. I opted for rearranging my kitchen cabinets instead so I could find homes for all the new Pyrex I got for Christmas.