Thursday, January 15, 2009

Help a girl out, would you?

Does anyone know what the heck is going on with our dear Captain?
Anyone?

It's been eerily quiet these past few weeks regarding the free agency of my beloved...sigh. I can't even remember where it all stands - it's that quiet.

He refused arbitration - this much I get. But has a confirmed offer been placed on the table yet? Is he waiting for one? Has he interviewed elsewhere? Is it his agent, (insert visceral reaction of a whole body shudder in disgust HERE) that is dragging his feet on finding some solvence to this situation? What is the holdup?

These are the burning questions in my mind today, as I Google endlessly in an effort to try to find something - anything, newsworthy on the subject.

Listen, if any of you out in Bloggerland have a direct line to my dear #33 - please tell him to send me a sign - any sign - of what the heck is going to happen come Valentine's Day when pitchers and catchers are supposed to be reporting.

Because nursing a broken heart isn't exactly what I had in mind.

1 comment:

Suldog said...

Well, I've heard that there is little real interest from other teams, so that's good news for you.