Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Beaming from ear to ear.....

I got an arthoscopic surgery date!!
Who would think that surgery would make a girl so happy?

I just got back from the orthopedic and after seeing my swollen knee, and playing with it some more (yes, it's singing to me right now) he could definitely feel the snapping inside and said "we need to fix this for you."

So, he explained that he was trying conservative treatment first but given how it's only gotten worse - he said "oh, I'm sorry but there's really no other alternative at this point..." and how MRI's aren't 100%, especially on the lateral side -- I was like "oh, thank you! -- thank you so much!". I think he may have thought I'd preferred to go a more holistic route if at all possible since I wouldn't take any pain medicines, and told him that I use acupuncture, etc.. especially since in the very beginning I'd said I'd prefer not to have surgery if it wasn't necessary.... but um, hell yeah if it is!!!!

On January 30th, my little knee is going to have three new scars in it.
And this girl can not wait.

2 comments:

TheDreadedGug said...

Maybe it will be like a bionic knee, and you can jump over buildings and stuff. That would be cool.

Rebecca said...

That WOULD be cool. I could run super fast too...