Thursday, January 08, 2009

Namaste....

Wisdom tells me I am nothing.
Love tells me I am everything.

And between the two, my life flows.....

If fifty million people say a foolish thing,
It is still a foolish thing.

Surrendering does not involve preparing for a soft landing.
It means landing on hard, ordinary ground on rocky, wild countryside.
Once we open ourselves, then we land on what is.

Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is most important that you do it.

To build character, do something for no other reason than it's difficulty.

Stop seeking....where is there to go?
Everything you seek is already inside you.

3 comments:

TheDreadedGug said...

Nice Hindu wisdom. Why, Dr. Strangelove was teaching his wee students about Gandhi today. "Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Rebecca said...

Ah yes, Dr. Strangelove -- that is of course my very favorite Ghandi quote -- as most everyone's. However, it's been used in this girl's blog before - and I try really hard not to repeat myself. :)

Congrats on teaching the kids about Ghandi. :) Were they receptive....?

TheDreadedGug said...

We are studying the Civil Rights Movement, and Gandhi is an important influence on Dr. King's philosophy. Yes, they love it. It's my favorite thing that we do all year: the kids are so curious, and so engaged! It's a wonderful experience for all of us.