Thursday, June 05, 2008

I am SUCH an idiot.

I'd been so looking forward to going to the Jason Varitek Celebrity
Putt-Putt on Monday with my friend Michelle. I'd been putting off
getting the tickets because I was caught up in the whole birthday party
planning and coordinating, etc... so I just figured I'd buy them the
following week.


Well, guess who forgot to order the tickets? I did. And it just dawned
on me today that it's taking place on Monday. For some reason, the last
week or so has just flown right by! I meant to order them on the 1st,
and clearly that date just blew right by me.


So, I frantically searched went to the website to order my tickets. The
link was still active to purchase spectator tickets - so I went to buy
them, and to my surprise - the link didn't work. So, I called the
contact number thinking it was a technical glitch since there was no
"sold out" message posted; I wasn't even able to finish my sentence
before the girl on the other end sort of huffed and said "sold out." I
said, "I'm sorry, I wasn't finished. What's sold out?" And she said
"what you're looking for". So I said, "oh, the Celebrity Putt Putt" -
and she said "yes, you're out of luck". Sigh...


I know I'm out of luck there chicky --- and hey, thanks for throwing the
salt into the wound about it.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Try posting something on Craig's List. You might actually be surprised.

Rebecca said...

Hey Glitter!
So the postscript to the story is that I did manage to get a pair. The hospital that the charity is for has tickets available and so I'm picking them up tomorrow.

And since its a charity event, I'll probably donate a little extra. There's a big swing in price between the spectator ticket and the sponsor level - so I can probably afford to do something a little inbetween on my own. :)

Nichole M said...

What an F.B.! And, no, I don't mean foreign body. :-P But I'm so glad you were able to get a pair of tix! Whew!