Saturday, June 07, 2008

Healthy dose of curiousity...

Today is the last day of soccer, and then for the rest of the summer - Saturdays belong to the kiddies and myself. We've already looked ahead to the Strawberry Festivals over the next few weeks that we're looking forward to, as well as a long overdue trip to the Butterfly Place. So very exciting...

This morning, since its one of the few since September that we haven't had to get ready for dance -- we decided to break out one of my son's birthday presents: Discovery Kids Tornado Maker. We had so much fun! We experimented with different objects in the tornado maker -- as well as different liquids to see how the funnel reacts. It was awesome. Right now, the kids are watching the DVD that came with it, showing how tornados are born and some of the most devastating ones on record.

My son is fascinated with weather - and it's so funny because I said to him, "they're sort of beautiful aren't they?" and he said "no, they're scary...but I'm so curious!". Which is a good thing! He loves science, weather and medicine - I'm hoping to find some sort of science fair we can go to this summer. I know he'd love that.



You Are Rain



You can be warm and sexy. Or cold and unwelcoming.

Either way, you slowly bring out the beauty around you.



You are best known for: your touch



Your dominant state: changing

4 comments:

Big Ben said...

soccer. I hope your kids are playing baseball too.

~**Dawn**~ said...

Would you believe that our strawberry season is in February?? That *still* messes with my mind, even after six years living here.

Nichole M said...

I'm a rainbow!

Breathtaking and rare
You are totally enchanting and intriguing
But you usually don't stick around long!

You are best known for: your beauty

Your dominant state: seducing

Rebecca said...

Ben! How are you?
Yes, of course he plays baseball! :)

Dawn - yummm.. strawberry season in Feb? I can so deal with that!

Nichole - I think that's one of the best possible answers! Very cool..