Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ah, but only in the magic of movies....

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who believed in fairy tales and princes, magic kingdoms and happily ever after.

But then she grew up, and became an adult; complete with the reality of the world, and all that lies within.



Wherever did the fairies with their pixie dust go, with their promises to make life happy and beautiful?

It was only then that she took a long hard look at life, and realized that Prince Charming belonged to the same land that the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny live in.

(However, this modern day and jaded Cinderella that we speak of -- most definitely believes in Santa Claus!)

6 comments:

Susan said...

Some day my prince will come. I still kinda believe that at 32. I must need my head examined.

Suldog said...

Sometimes, Prince Reliable And Honest And Funny turns out to be a better catch than Prince Charming. Take it from a guy who stopped looking for princesses when he found Ms. Warm & Witty Who Looks Nice And Kisses My Boo-Boos Better. I'm just saying :-)

Nichole M said...

Santa Claus *totally* exists.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,

you complete me

T

Rebecca said...

hahaha, Suldog... I agree. But I think Prince Charming was supposed to encapsulate all of that; the charming part was just a bonus and quick and easy to say. ;)

And Anonymous, LOL - I'm wishfully thinking the T stands for "Tek". Thanks for the McGuire line. I feel the love. :)

Ted D said...

Prince Charming ruins it for all of us. ;)