Friday, June 13, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend!

Or at least this girl is!


What a game last night! It is really just such a great time to be a sports fan in New England. There was no way I couldnt watch the game, even when we were down by 24 or whatever it was in the first quarter. See, to me the thing about basketball is that its really anyones game until the last quarter even sometimes the last 5 minutes or so. It’s just one of those games that is so fluid. Everyone really pulled it out last night, but Im sorry, how great was Ray Allen? Im pretty tired today because of course, I didn’t go to sleep until 12:30 or so. It was well worth it though.


I worked a bit of OT this week, so as of 11 a.m. Im done for the day! Im looking forward to going home and picking up the kiddies and going out for the day. My son had his last day of first grade yesterday, and we spent the evening in town; the school does a really nice family fun night on the town common and it was a great time for them. Free slush, balloons, popcorn, face painting and of course a huge place to run around and play with all their friends from school. So today, Im taking them out to do a little shopping for summer clothes, some gifts for the weekend - and then to my sons 7 year well visit with his pediatrician.


What does the weekend hold for this girl? Well, lets see. Tomorrow, I do believe the kids and I will venture to The Butterfly Place for the first time this year, and then maybe a Kimballs run shortly thereafter. Tomorrow evening, I have a surprise birthday party for my girlfriend Kim whom I havent seen in ages!! So cant wait for that. And then Sunday, is up in the air at the moment. But Im sure well be doing something fun. I know my son has a baseball game in the morning, sowell more than likely end up going visiting afterwards. Actually, it was two of my nephews birthdays this past Wednesday and this coming Saturday so Im hoping theres a birthday party in the plans for Sunday. You know, kill three birds with one stoneFathers Day, birthdays. Its all good.


(Can I just tell you, this building I work in is disgusting. Oh sure, we have AC now and its freezing cold. But it also smells like dirty feet. Truly. Ugh.)


And that my friends, is my story and Im sticking to it.

Go Red Sox. Go Celtics.

It definitely is great to be in Boston right now.

3 comments:

Nichole M said...

Smells like feet? EW. Nasty, dude.

I was at the gym for the first quarter and saw how far behind the Celtics were. I'm not a huge basketball fan, so I didn't even check the score when I got home. I'm glad they won! I'm with you, though; most basketball games can be reduced to 10 minutes. In fact, maybe they should just do that. Whoever wins at the end of 10 minutes of play wins! lol

Peter N said...

I hope you had a great weekend, without that smelly feet stuff!

Suldog said...

Well, the C's will have to wrap it up on Tuesday, I guess :-)