Sunday, September 09, 2007

One of my favorite things about harvest season...

You know, its really no surprise to me why I love September and the harvest season so much.
It's all about....food.

Coming up, there are so many fairs and festivals - I'm beside myself with trying to fit them all in. Because we must go to as many as we can, you know!

There's the Bolton Fair, the Topsfield Fair, Applecrest Corn Roasts and Harvest Festivals, Verrill Farm Fall festivals, the list goes on and on! I can't resist the opportunity to be out in the still warm sun, cool air and smell all the apples from the orchards and corn cooking. It's got to be my favorite thing about this time of year. I'm sure we'll be apple picking at least twice this year. And pumpkin picking....I'm hungry just thinking of all the baking I'll be doing. (Which is rather funny since I've mentioned on many an occasion that baking is not my strong suit. But you know - these things with fruits aren't cakes normally. So I'm okay with them! But I digress...)

So while it's too warm and too early for me to think about "autumn", it's not too early to think about "harvest" - and all the warm, fuzzy comfort feelings that come with it.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Okay, I'm so jealous. We don't really have Fall here--in fact we don't really have seasons to speak of, so none of those wonderful fall festivals.

There is the headless horseman train ride in October, though. I think we'll do that one again. :)