Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Adventures are never fun while you're having them."

Yesterday I saw "Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader".
Can I just tell you -- I love, love, love these movies.

While I didn't see the second one (though I will this week - thank you "On Demand"), it wasn't difficult to pick up on where it left off.

Not only do I love the fact that the children learn strength from within and while there's action - it's not gratuitious or violent; but what I truly love is the religious parallel that is so very present. The subtlety of it is what makes it so powerful.

Aslan is the most magnificent animated creature; and his character is the one that moves me to tears. Interestingly enough, that's more than likely the effect he's supposed to have - given the symbolism he represents. But I think the fact that he's so realistic looking, and is so stunning - and with Liam Neeson's voice -- he's just so powerful -- and yet such a small part of this particular movie.

It was a fantastic take....and I hope that this isn't the last movie from this series of books. There are 7 in the collection, and if they are done in the same manner as the previous three - I look forward to each and every one.

No comments: