Sunday, June 27, 2010

Time in New England, takes me away....

It was really just a lovely, lovely weekend for this girl.
Truly.

Yesterday, the kiddies had a birthday pool party to go to and we had lots of fun; I'm friendly with the boy's mom and her family - and we just had such a nice time. Then, I went and worked at the Boston store which is such a switch for me! It was funny trying to get acclaimated to where all the wines are and how the register works because it's all so different from my store; but it was really fun to see different walks of life because it's such a tourist area, it's just so different from where I am day to day.

Afterwards, G and I had dinner at Monica's in the North End. It was pretty good; the service was a little slow, but it was a booming and beautiful Saturday night so needless to say - the place was packed wall to wall. But it was good; a little pricey given the quantities, but the flavors were good.

Today, we went to Fanueil Hall and really just had so much fun. The only downside to the day was that the Brown Derby Deli was no where near as good as I remembered it being. I had a deli pickle that was horrible and the corned beef sandwich was less than impressive; but everything else we ate was rocking! Besides, even bad food being eaten outdoors at Fanueil can't be all that bad, right?

So a funny thing happened; last year when we took T for his birthday, he was picked to help out a street theatre duo. He was beyond pleased and loved it. Well, today that very same group was there, and.......you got it! Out of all the people standing around there, they picked him again!! He couldn't have been any happier. It was so much fun, watching him ham it up being the center of attention with everyone calling his name. Seriously, there are few things that make me smile more than seeing my children shine.

All in all, it was a fun and laid back weekend - and one that I'm sad to see come to an end. This is the last weekend my Dad will be here with us, he's going to stay with my sister before heading back to Florida. It's been nice having him here with us - and I know the kids are going to be sad to see him go.

But one never knows what the future holds.

No comments: