Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Mary Mary Quite Contrary....How does your garden grow?

I'm almost done with my garden.

Today I came home and planted my postage stamp area and so now all I have left is a pot or two. (Postage Stamp Garden, def.: A Postage Stamp survival vegetable garden is a small area that can produce a bounty of herbs and vegetables. Many gardeners complain that they are short on both time and garden space. A Postage Stamp garden solves both of these problems. And in today's economy it is important to have a sustainable vegetable garden, one that uses heirloom seeds for future planting. )

This weekend, I planted my large herb bowl that I'm keeping on my deck: Rosemary, Dill, Cilantro, Anise, Basil & Golden Oregano in one big planter. I also did a second large planter where I combined Romaine & Red Leaf Lettuces on one side, and Sugar Baby Watermelon on the other side.


This evening, I planted my tomatoes and eggplant (traditional & white), summer squash, endive, summer squash and cantaloupe.


Can I just tell you...it looks so pretty!


Tonight for dinner, I made cod and I used fresh dill and rosemary from the planter on it -- truly such a difference when you're using fresh herbs from the outside, rather than fresh from the supermarket. Such a difference in flavor.


What are you planting in your garden this season?

No comments: