Thursday, June 10, 2010

She a long lost love at first bite....Baby maybe you're wrong, but you know it's all right

So today I finally saw the doctor regarding this raspy voice I've had for what seems like forever now.

Don't get me wrong - I love the husky, raspy sound at times; but at other times, I sound like Rachel Ray -- which makes me feel like I should be yelling, and saying stupid words like "delish" or "Samwich". You know what I mean? It's just not me. I've always had more of that Marcia Brady type sound to my voice... Brenda Vacarro's voice is spectacular, but that's usually only when I'm sick. To sound that husky all the time, while I sound hot in my head - is starting to grate on my nerves.

So, while I've never had allergies -- we're going to start there and see if that could be the culprit. So, 4 weeks on Claritin and a steroid inhaler (not Albuterol thank God, something else) and if it doesn't clear up, then we'll do a scope of my layrnx.

Possibilities could be polyps on my vocal cords....other possibilities aren't as light hearted, but we're not going to think about that right now. Another option the doctor suggested was reflux. Now, I don't get heartburn - only had it a few times when I was pregnant with Princess Petunia; however, it seems that some people have no symptoms of it, other than - you got it, a raspy voice. So, if we need to do a scope and it shows nothing visible, then we'll try that route.

There's definitely something going on.... and I'm determined to get to the heart of it.

Unless of course, someone feels like giving me my own television show. I mean really, if I'm going to talk like Rachel Ray - I should at least get a little somethin' somethin' out of it!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Hope it's nothing serious! Glad you went in to get it checked out. Keep us updated. :-)