Thursday, January 21, 2010

Once you choose hope, anything's possible. ~Christopher Reeve

1. Do you know how much I love, love, love my job? Seriously. Love it. Today, I was happy to to sample 7 new wines from Southern France that are really just delicious and I can't wait to introduce everyone to them. How great is that?? How often do you get to work in a place where you love the product, and truly enjoy what you do? Not often, and I'm beyond thrilled to have taken the leap....

2. I love chocolate pudding. Okay, so that's not a huge revelation but I don't eat it very often and I'm eating it right now as I post -- and it just brings me back to being a kid. It's decadence and indulgent - and I'm loving it. I might even have another....

3. Wondering why I often struggle making steak. So tonight for dinner I made a delicious NY Sirloin Strip - or rather it should've been delicious. Actually, I probably should've George Foreman grilled it - but I didn't. I was going to pan fry it which often is a great way to cook it, but instead I used a grill pan. The end result: while cooked to a perfect medium, it was tough and chewy and dry. Aagh....

4. Not loving the fact that hope is something that my Mother finds difficult to grasp and hold on to. She wants it.... she has it, sort of. I can't force her to choose to fight; but truly, any fight isn't easy and there needs to be recognition of that. Life isn't always convenient, nor easy. I doubt that anyone living with Cancer or who is a survivor would say their chemotherapy slice of life was a fabulous one; but it was worth the effort in the long run. "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." ~Winston Churchill

5. Not living up to my resolution of getting to the doctor just yet... and truly, I need to. Did you know that people who have an immediate family member that has Lung Cancer has a 50% chance of having it as well? I did not know that.... oh, and if you're a non-smoker, it's 20% higher. And if you're a woman - it's even higher. At that rate, I'm at like - 80% risk!! That can't possibly be true... and yet, it's from the Cancer Society. How's that for a big WTF....

And those are the few thoughts running around my tired brain for today. There's lots more I could've addressed regarding politics, sports and criminals -- but there's so much of that going on in the mainstream today, I thought maybe something a little more frivolous should be on deck from this girl.

Until next time.....

2 comments:

Shannon K. said...

Holy crap, that can't be true about the cancer! Wow.

First time here. Interesting post!

Suldog said...

Not to be annoyingly pedantic, but it might help your steaks...

Do you turn off the pan a minute or so before the steak is done and then let it sit and collect it's juices? That might help. Or you can deglaze the hot pan with a 1/4 cup red wine and pour the resulting lovely liquid over the steaks!