Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Music keeps me snapping my fingers, music keeps me tapping my toes....

Oh yeah baby... it's back.
And in Boston.

It's American Idol..... and I'm sorry, but I love love love this show.
Though I'm not really digging the concept of Ellen Degeneres.

Listen, I love her -- she's one of the few comedians (or is it "comedienne". Actually, I think it is. But, would she prefer "comedian" for the whole non-gender point. Things that make you go "hmmm"....but, I digress.) that can make me laugh until I cry. But is she for Idol? I get that she thinks that she's got a pulse on the general consensus of what America likes, but that wasn't Paula's role....Paula while not the most talented singer in the world definitely knows the business and has an ear for talent. But just being the warm fuzzy wasn't her only role, not by a long shot.

I have a great ear for music and talent. Without doubt.
But should I be the third "judge" on American Idol?
No, I think not.
(though, I would love the gig!)

America votes by phone, so really -- why do we need Ellen there? Shouldn't it truly be someone better suited?

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Music keeps me snapping my fingers, music keeps me tapping my toes...." What song are these lyrics from??