1. Dear "Concerned Citizens", it's enough already.....I've started receiving "disapproving" letters at the store..... it's so wild. The city we opened in used to be dry, and there apparently is a large community of reformed alcoholics that live there. Well, for the last three weeks I've recieved letters from "concerned" members of the community that are almost all identical in style, format and verbiage. It's interesting because I wonder what they expect from writing them. Do they think that we'd suddenly stop selling alcohol? I'm sorry but I don't think that's going to happen. I have actually written back to each one so far; nicely, and politely of course - because I think it's important that they feel they're opinion is respected - but also in a way to kindly let them know that we are responsible business owners and that we are aren't new at this. I think it's a good thing because it makes them feel their issues are addressed -- and I feel better because I'm addressing it.
2. Dear Mariah Carey, I do believe that G and I are going to see you on Saturday! Very exciting... There are a few people that I think are worth paying crazy money to go sit front row-ish to see, and she is one of them. Of course, my girl Christina Aguilera is another....if only she would tour!
3. Dear Celebrities, what the flip are you thinking? So, I'm watching Celebrity Rehab and just blown away by it. I mean, I love this show - and it's not the first time I've seen it -- but truly, it's so disturbing to see people who had the world in the palm of their hands and just blew it..... ugh. I mean, it's one thing when it's a sad scenario to be a drug addict because maybe you had a horrible life and had no little or chances in life; but when you're a freaking celebrity?!? And you fall into drug addiction because you could....??? C'mon.
4. Dear Mr. President, you are such the eloquent speaker. However, I couldn't help but feel like calling you "President Santa Claus" during your speech. Money for everyone!!! Listen, I'm all about making life easier, but truly - let's be realistic about it. I did however, enjoy portions of it - your charisma is fabulous -- but sometimes the beauty of how you say things overshadows what you're actually saying. It's sort of like the art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they actually thank you - and then ask for the directions.
5. Dear Friends, Family & Anyone who knows me, I am not a perfect person. I've never professed to be -- I am and will forever be a work in progress. And I'm proud to say that. I am who I am, and though I know that I always have things about me I can work on - we still shouldn't lose the core of who we are. I've tried very hard over the years to choose my battles, and that has a lot to do with realizing the things I can and can not change. This includes how other people live their lives. Embracing that makes life so much easier.