Friday, January 01, 2010

We drank a toast to innocence....we drank a toast to now....

A season of change; a transition of time....a celebration of a new year.
A way to shed the baggage of the year previous and seek hope and solace in the youth of the future.

This past year was a difficult one for just about everyone I know; it's a blessing and a relief to see 2009 move on. I have hope that 2010 will be better, because truthfully -- I don't know that it can go anywhere but up for most.

So this year as I raised my glass (filled with Graham Beck Brut...delish!) I toast 2009 as it moves outwards and onwards -- and embrace 2010 with open arms:

"On a long journey of human life, faith is the best of companions; it is the best refreshment on the journey; and it is the greatest property.”

May your upcoming year be filled with laughter, love, happiness and health. May you be surrounded by those you love - and who love you in return. Let your heart be free and light, and in return your load in life will seem lighter.

Live, love, laugh....and be well.

I raise my glass to you....and to the potential the future holds for us all.

No comments: