Sunday, June 12, 2011

Wow, feeling pretty darn stupid right about now....

Or blonde.

So, I always thought central vaccum was a system that you flipped a switch and somehow, all the dust in the house would be gone. And the funny thing is, anytime I said a house we looked at would have central vac, the response I'd get would be along the lines of "oh, that would be great - so much less dust!". That's what I thought too!

Clearly, I thought central vaccum was this magical thing that kept my house sterile.
Well....

I decided to look up on Google for some information on how it works - and saw a video that showed me that yes Rebecca, you still have to vacuum your house. I just don't have to carry the whole damn Kirby from room to room anymore....I can just carry the hose attachment.

Which is really very sweet.
But not quite so magical.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ran across your blog on Technorati, then saw this. I would settle for just the hose-toting. I remember when those Kirby guys convinced me that my house would pass a white-glove inspection with 5 seconds of my work. Yeah, right. I can't even lift it.

Rebecca said...

Hi! I have to tell you though, I LOVE my Kirby. I carried that bad boy even when I was pregnant because seriously - it's that good. But would totally love a central vac - even if it's not as magical as I'd imagined it was. LOL

Thanks for commenting!